Guide to Tree Surgeon Costs
Tree surgeons can help transform the look of your garden in just a few hours or matter of days – and luckily they don’t cost the earth either!
If you want to tidy up your garden and give the place a little lift but are worried about the cost of tree surgery and how much needs doing, fear not – because hiring a tree surgeon is actually a lot less hassle and a lot cheaper than you might think! Many contractors offer a variety of different gardening services charged via a pay-as-you-go model – so you only ever fork out for what you need (rather than paying a standard one-off fee). Plus surgeons are fully qualified to tackle all those high-maintenance or daunting garden tasks that can’t be solved with a trowel and pair of shears – sometimes it takes the confidence, training and equipment to preserve or look after a damaged tree or hedgerow that ordinary home-owners simply don’t have to hand.
So how much does a tree surgeon cost? Well, we’ve collected the following tree surgeon prices to give you a basic idea of how much this kind of service might set you back. Each type of tree surgery service is listed along with the different price plan available, as follows:
- Tree felling – £250 per tree (although this often depends on the size of the tree)
- Crown Reduction – £150 per tree
- Garden Clearance – £200 per person per day, or £40 per hour
- Wood Chipper Hire – £150 a day/£450 a week
Remember, these tree surgeon costs are based on the lowest possible starting points available, and are just estimates; for more detailed and accurate information about tree surgery prices you should get in touch with as many different contractors as possible. Ask friends and relatives for recommendations or the contact details of people they’ve used in the past, and don’t be afraid to conduct preliminary interviews with prospective employees – just to be sure you know what you’re getting and what you will be paying for. Your final written quote should include:
- Clear and comprehensive information about the work to be completed, with all the relevant details about how long it might take and what is included in the service.
- What equipment the contractor will provide and if there is any preparation you need to carry out yourself.
- Whether or not the final projected cost includes VAT.
- Whether or not waste disposal will be provided (and included in the cost)
- A full and functional risk assessment plan, to ensure everyone’s safety during the tree surgery taking place.
- Honest and reliable references.
No matter how much a tree surgeon cost will set you back, many home-owners will testify to the lasting results of tree surgery and the benefits of hiring a tree surgeon to spruce up your garden for you. After all, these surgeons have the skills, training and experience to look after plants and trees without causing any damage to surrounding plant-life – allowing you to continue growing everything you want and look after your existing garden with just a bit of extra help!